Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Thankfully the worst week in recent memory is now over and a new week has begun. I got the opportunity to visit with friends and family over the weekend, to play a little golf, sing a little karaoke, and of course to honor the fallen. As a special present from fate I was reminded that every week has its trials and tribulations when my wife discovered yesterday morning that the hot water was no longer available; we are out of propane. I’m sure that can be dealt with, with only a modicum of pain and suffering. I’ve been depending mostly on the microwave and toaster to do my family’s cooking here lately anyway, so I doubt I’ll starve to death before I can arrange for a fresh load of propane.

My brother’s son Seth’s birthday party was Saturday afternoon. I made a rushed run to Lexington that morning to acquire a new belt and to pick up his birthday present. I was disappointed to find that Wal-Mart does not carry the riding toy that I wanted for him, the Cozy Coupe. I was right next to Toys’R’Us so I popped in to see if I could find it there. I missed it when I first walked into the riding toys sections and began to doubt I had the means to purchase it if I did find it when I saw similarly sized toys selling for $130 and up. On my way back around however, there it was right in the corner, and for the price I expected to pay at Wal-Mart. I won’t say what that was, but it was a lot less than one hundred thirty bucks.

I realized after they’d only been dating for two years that my old friend Mark Nolan is the current boyfriend of Tina’s cousin Miranda. I thought I’d lost touch with him for good, but apparently I even talked to him two years ago without realizing who he was. Then again, maybe I did realize it, but it didn’t seem as important as it does now. I’m planning, along with a few others, on having a grand Class if ’93 fifteen year reunion in 2008. I can now add Mark’s name to the list of people I’m pretty sure I can contact. Pretty soon I’m going to start making a database or something so we can all track who can be contacted and who is missing in action. I’m sure I can reach at least thirty or forty if not more of the people I graduated with. We’re a pretty close-knit bunch, especially considering we just let our opportunity for a ten years reunion just drift on by.

Aaron and I are going camping in early October. Anyone who wants to come along is welcome, with the understanding that it’s probably going to be a relatively primitive, relatively drunken experience. There may be an additional day attached to the beginning or the end to take the kids along.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

give me a date on the camping trip. i'm always game if the schedule will allow.
later.

david denson rogers

2:06 PM, September 06, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home