Wednesday, August 16, 2006

I’m taking a couple days off work. I want to get down and see my new nephew this weekend. I also want to do a little bit of pub-crawling this week. I feel like I’ve let my team down this year, having gone to only my regular Tuesday night game. We did post a rather impressive score, missing only three questions. For those of you who weren’t there, even though Area 51 is near Roswell, New Mexico, it’s actually in Nevada. We also failed to get the extra point conversion, by failing to name both books, one by Arthur C. Clarke and one by Robert Heinlein, that the 60’s counter-cultured identified with. Heinlein’s was Stranger in a Strange Land, which Kenny came up with after I managed to recount almost the entire plot and still couldn’t name the book. Clarke’s was Childhood’s End, which I think I read too long ago to have remembered it. Overall the questions were easier than I expected. Aparently Don’s no sci-fi buff. One of the other questions we missed was about, “What revolting Earth substance did the aliens in Alien Nation drink?” After we heard the answer I remembered seeing them drinking curdled milk, but nothing we came up was really fit for prime time. The remaining question we missed was apparently the hardest in the entire game, so hard in fact, I can’t even remember what it was.

5 Comments:

Blogger Tina said...

Page 2 Screen Category

Author of Bladerunner and A Scanner Darkly.

Phillip K. Dick

I wish I had wrote down Phillip. I said it, but lacked the last name.

Cory said he would not have given it to us anyway, with only a first name.

I may never forget it.

2:02 PM, August 16, 2006  
Blogger I changed my name so it wouldn't be so nasty! said...

I am throughly embarrassed that your team missed that question. I just want you to know that.

6:18 PM, August 16, 2006  
Blogger Cory said...

I just shook my head when that one came in with the wrong answer.

7:48 PM, August 16, 2006  
Blogger Sarah said...

I suck at trivia. However, this is the one and only question I would've been able to answer. Where am I when you need me???????

9:22 AM, August 18, 2006  
Blogger Cory said...

Oh well, it's all in the past now... VIVA SKULLZ!

8:27 AM, August 21, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home