Somewhere along the way, through somewhat irresponsible journalism and conservative spin, blogging has gotten a bad name. In the minds of the uneducated or uninitiated, blogging seems to conjure up images of sexual predators, covert drug deals, underaged promiscuity, and general debauchery. I actually heard the words, “Blogger, what in the world is blogger?” come out of someone’s mouth, said with twisted lips and a tone of voice usually reserved for questions like, “You killed your own child?” These people need to be educated. Blogging is not a sin. Now maybe sinners have more fun at it, but that’s hardly a new or trend-specific concept. There is worthwhile material out there in the blogging universe no matter who you are, and I have no doubt that it helps to keep us all a little bit sane. Next time you hear someone disparage blogging in general or a blog site, speak up. Let that person know that you enjoy blogs, bloggers, blogging, and general sociability, and they should try it before they judge it.
Friday, September 08, 2006
About Me

- Name: Brinton
- Location: Stanton, Kentucky, United States
I strive to be without pretense, so much so, that even this sentence is too pretentious.
Previous Posts
- The only reason I haven’t set a date up to this po...
- In order to get around the Bayesian algorithms t...
- Thankfully the worst week in recent memory is now ...
- My condolences to the Rogers family. It seems lat...
- I played checkers last night with each of my child...
- Everyone please keep Sarah and Calvin in your thou...
- I backed in to my parking spot at home the other d...
- I know the follwing is a little bit too stream-of-...
- Here's a different kind of wedding picture.
- The Amvets Texas Hold’em Tournament is this Saturd...


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home