In order to get around the Bayesian algorithms that spam blockers are using these days, spammers have begun sending me emails consisting of an image containing their message and then several lines of text, usually taken from English literature. Some time ago I published a poem here taken from text of my own emails, and it was somewhat well-received, so I thought I’d try my hand at crafting a new passage from the text at the bottom of these spam messages. Here it is.
Have I not told you to wait and be content? I glanced at the sky and saw that there was yet an hour before the sun vanished. To others she might be rude and petulant, but never to me. That something could only be a love affair. I do not think that I should be able to hide it for long. Besides, if I wanted more, I had only to ask for it. Haku switched on the lights, both up-stairs and down. She took her dinner in bed, as she often did. Her mind struggled with the problem, while perceiving that there was no solution. At any rate one sober man was beginning to admit her compelling power. The girl was a witch, and they had determined that she must die. Well, let the gods fight their own battles. We haven’t any time to waste.
1 Comments:
You, sir, are the Walt Whitman of Stanton.
Post a Comment
<< Home