
Here's a sunset picture. It's enhanced, as are most sunset pictures you see. For this one, I had to break it into two layers, sky, and ground. I increased the contrast and the red and yellow tones in the sky. For the ground, I brightened it up, increased the contrast, and then dimmed it back down. The colors still didn't do what I thought they should, so I overlayed about a fifteen percent mask of very dark green for the foreground, and very dark yellow for the rocks in the background. I wish there had been a way to get a cleaner cut between ground and sky, because a few small areas that were mostly sky ended up in the ground section because they had some limbs sticking up in them. I could have taken time to correct this, but it would have increased the processing time from about ten minutes to about two or three hours. I think I like this result just fine.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home