I noticed today that Post Secret (link to your right) has almost fourteen million hits. I think that makes a statement about our society. I believe that few of us live up to what we think we should be. There is an awful lot of angst, self-doubt, confusion, and pain in the American people. Maybe in all peoples. I would not go there unless I occasionally identified with some of the post cards. We all have secrets we’d like to tell. Some people use their blogs to do that. Some people think that I use this blog to do that. I don’t. This is too public. I don’t mind laying down my sins and secrets here as long as they’re not completely damaging. After all, do I care if people know I had a boil on my balls? Why would I? Do I mind letting people know when I get drunk? Not so much, as long as I don’t get too drunk or get drunk too often. I don’t even mind telling the general public that I am not a Christian, and that I am heavily in favor of legalization of marijuana, though those topics are not as easily shared. Still, there are deeper secrets, maybe that don’t even mean anything, but that I could never share in this forum. That’s why I go to Post Secret. I go to convince myself that despite all the angst, self-doubt, confusion, and pain, I am still sane, or at least I am not the only guy in the world who isn’t.
Thursday, November 17, 2005
About Me

- Name: Brinton
- Location: Stanton, Kentucky, United States
I strive to be without pretense, so much so, that even this sentence is too pretentious.
Previous Posts
- Trivia last night. Practically no one showed up. ...
- We literally stood each daring the other to a punc...
- I’ve been eating a lot of sunflower seeds lately. ...
- I hope you find this interesting. I've always wis...
- There is a substantial update to Poker Notes, all ...
- Closer is about an American girl’s adventures in L...
- I went to a friend’s apartment in Lexington over t...
- This is my uncle Jerry Pickett. He's the Teamster ...
- I decided to go ahead and post another photograph ...
- A ha, hush that fuss,Everybody move to the back of...


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home