Last night I addressed the Executive Committee of the Democratic Party of Powell County. I wished to be their nominee for County Judge / Executive this fall. Unfortunately I was not nominated. They chose James Anderson instead, and I think he'll do a good job. It's possible he could face some tough competition from the Republican party, as some fresh faces have expressed an interest in their nomination. My fear going into last night is that I would not only fail to win the nomination but also prevent the other couple of competent candidates from winning. Thankfully that was not the case. James will in all likelihood make a find Judge / Executive.
The annual journey to Cave Run is nearly upon me, and once again I have dallied about and not got my boat ready for the trip. I may have to see about registering the boat tomorrow morning. I'll put in the new plugs and battery tonight and give it a final spin-up to make sure the engine is running fine and that all the lights and horn work properly. I also have to go through the upstairs tonight and put away anything small enough to go into a toddler's mouth. Tina will be keeping her niece Haley there while the rest of us go to the lake.
This week marks the first week under the new Part Time 100 status. That is, I now work a minimum of 100 hours a month, and as close to that figure as possible. That will significantly impact my income, but it should also help some with expenses. I hope at this point to keep my current job for the time being and make it by on what I make there, along with a few small side jobs here and there, posting things on eBay, and etc. I expect my wife will quickly grow to resent my reduced schedule, but maybe if I can learn to cook the things she likes to eat, we'll maintain matrimonial harmony. I hope to start a few new projects, one of which is to learn a new language. That may take some time, as I'm terrible at doing that, but going back over what Spanish I picked up in the four or five hours or so I put into it a couple years ago, I did manage to name most of the colors, as well as quite a few other words. I'll set Monday as my language learning day and try to put in a solid four hours a week. If that isn't enough I suppose I can also put some time in on Fridays. I also plan on getting back into photography. It's been so long since I took photography seriously that the home computer I built two years ago doesn't even have Photoshop installed.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home