Wednesday, August 15, 2007

A few notes:

Ralph Baze may finally be put down within a month. I’m sure this will make the local news circuit, so probably you’ve heard. Greg Stumbo has requested an execution date of September 18th, and if you’re an unpopular Republican running for governor there aren’t a lot of reasons to say no. Fletcher may even pick up a few votes in Powell County if he can manage a quick end to this prolonged mess. They take so long to execute a guy these days that it makes you wonder if Jamie Barnett may be a great-grandfather when he gets his final vaccination. I’m not that big a fan of the death penalty because I’m sure somewhere along the way we’ve fried a couple innocent men, but when there’s no dispute over the facts of the case, it seems pointless not to give them the juice. If you want to convince this liberal you deserve to rot in prison rather than rot in the ground, the least you can do is deny you pulled the trigger.

This week is the trivia crawl. I’ve been mostly relegated to the sidelines due to lack of energy, babysitter, and money, and a deep sense that we can’t win without good players who live in Lexington and can be at every game. I hope that it’s going well. As of Tuesday morning, we had only racked up one score that would fit into a winning top five. There were high hopes for Tuesday evening as the special theme night was about music, movies, and The Big Lebowski, so maybe I’ll get an update when those late trivia goers finally decide to re-enter the world of the living.

The name Larry Forgy keeps coming up as a possible challenge to McConnell. How many times can you lose in Kentucky politics before you give up, anyway? Forgy is a Republican, and I can’t imagine why he’d consider trying to challenge Mitch. If it weren’t for the fact that Mitch is the whipping boy of the national Republican party, his influence in Washington would be something that every Kentuckian could cherish, but being so wrong headed on issues, I’ll take a brand new senator who is right over a senior, powerful senator who manages to usually be wrong. Perhaps Chandler can beat him, despite some of the miscues he’s suffered lately.

Anybody seen the new TV ads for that new gift shop they play on the morning news? Now you don’t have to wait so long for Home Interior to come in. You can pick it up at the store.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Y'all are stomping our know-it-all butts. I'm going to have to defect to the home team :o)

2:41 PM, August 15, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home