Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Well, I was feeling guilty for disappearing from the blogging world for a few days after I decided to take an unannounced (even to myself) vacation. I had a babysitting issue on Friday, and since I was already taking yesterday and today off, I decided that working on Monday would just be pointless. I thought that the world might forget all about me, but since no one else seems to have keeled over form all the blogging they’ve been doing lately either, I guess I don’t look too inattentive. I used the six days off as wisely as possible.

On Friday I mostly just laid around (I think, it’s already a little hazy) but on Saturday I kicked into high gear, cleaning my entire house, even washing dishes and mowing the yard. If you know me much at all, you know I hate both of these activities and for me to complete both on the same day was just terrible. I also managed to clean up my back porch, a project I’d been aiming to do for a while. I have a nice covered porch in the back, and since I basically live in a ravine with a steep hillside on both sides, it makes for a quiet place to relax, grill out, drink a few beers, and etc. A few friends and I accomplished all these later that evening. At the store that day, I’d bought all the makings for some good hamburgers and a brand new grill. I still haven’t moved to gas, but a bigger charcoal unit was overdue, if least if I planned to entertain. After quite a night of drinking, talking, listening to tunes, playing poker, even a very small amount of dancing, I finally piled in the bed about 5:40 in the morning. At about 6:30 I was disturbed by a feeling in my stomach much like a small child playing jump rope. My first thought was, “Hey, I can’t be getting ready to throw up, I was almost sober when I went to bed.” Then I decided better safe than sorry, so away to the facilities I went. As I was stepping inside the bathroom I thought, “I should have been hurrying!” I remember actually descending toward the bowl as the pressure in my stomach overcame the restraint in my throat. My lips didn’t even make an effort. I did eventually find my place at the foot of the porcelain altar. Anyway, I spent quality time on Sunday mopping my bathroom floor, and a couple walls, and the side of the sink, and the side of the tub, and the cabinet, and the back of the toilet, and I still need to wash that shower curtain. Wondering what could have brought this surprise on, I wondered if perhaps it was the hamburger meat I had eaten from when the grill had gone out a little early. Then I remembered that I had bought some of it at a discount. Maybe next time I buy the cheap meat, I’ll remember to cook it just a little better.

Sunday and Monday were used for recovery operations, and for watching Cars, a pretty decent cartoon. Pixar has once again raised the animation bar. Yesterday I took the wife and kids to King’s Island, and I’ll write more about that later… to be continued.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home