I stand corrected. John Morton was killed while serving his country in Afghanistan on Thursday. According to the Lexington Herald-Leader he will be buried at Arlington National Cemetery. Thanks to Emily for giving us the article in the comments. I want to express my gratitude to John for 12 years of service in our military, and my regret that he needed to sacrifice his life so that the United States may be a safer place. Despite the knowledge that our fighting men and women have been sometimes misplaced and misused, we all know that the existence of a strong military helps to keep us safe from our enemies. It’s people like John Morton who make that military strong. I sincerely wish that there was more time in this world for John, more time he could have spent with friends and family, and with his wife and children. I know that their loss is immense, and their sacrifice is also great. Thank you. I still have not heard if there is to be of has been a local memorial service, and if anyone hears of one, please let me know as soon as possible.
Monday, December 19, 2005
About Me

- Name: Brinton
- Location: Stanton, Kentucky, United States
I strive to be without pretense, so much so, that even this sentence is too pretentious.
Previous Posts
- John Morton has been slain in Iraq. He is the fir...
- For some few of you who may have been civilly diso...
- This post was meant for yesterday, but somehow I g...
- New title banner!
- I had a mild headache this morning that became mon...
- One of my regular readers is convinced I have exce...
- It’s the way flowers reach for the sun that makes ...
- The juiciness of the natural shapes in this piece ...
- This "painting" is obviously about contrasts betwe...
- This doesn't show much of Ethan, but he never sho...


2 Comments:
There will be a local memorial service sometime in January. Not yet scheduled.
I finally found a picture for him. I grabbed it and hosted it at:
http://ashwednesdaymusic.com/John.gif
John was, in my memory, a very humble, funny, and honorable man and he will be missed.
Post a Comment
<< Home